Friday 26 June 2015

Lucky at the Lily


Just quick post to report that I had a few hours at the Lily Loch on Thursday and enjoyed the peace and quite and very pleasant weather up there in the morning which was in stark contrast to what Ive been experiencing at Hillend recently. To make things even better I even managed to fool an acrobatic trout with an olive nymph.
I have to admit that I was very lucky as I took along the wrong reel as I had packed in my bag, my reel with the sink tip line instead of my favourite floating line. I didn't feel too confident as a few trout were rising occasionally and thought that I might be fishing my flies too deep however I was proved wrong with a nice rainbow succumbing to my fly pattern.
When the rain started in the afternoon I decided that one trout would do me so packed up and walked back over the hill, changed out my wet clothes and headed home for coffee and a bite to eat.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Sharp & Gentles Way.

I've recently been attending the Sharp & Gentles Flytying Club and thoroughly enjoy my visits there. Im already benefitting and le...